Meet the voices
- Year 3 – Cody and Roxie
- Year 4 – Ben, Joseph, Rosie and Ruby
- Year 5 – Madison, Maisie, Marcus and William
- Year 6 – Connor, Lilly, Morgan and Thomas
What is pupil voice?
Pupil voice is the consultative wing of pupil participation.
Consultation is about talking with pupils about things that matter in School.
Each councillor is elected by their year group at the beginning of the school year after a vote is held to see who gets the job. The members then elect a Chair, a Treasurer and a Secretary.
What we do:
Members of the Council take part in discussions and votes and also feedback any relevant information to their class. At times they are requested to ask their class for ideas or take class votes relating to discussions by the Council.
What we have done so far
- Introducing lunchtime activities
- Operating a suggestions box
- Collecting food for Heywood Food Bank
- Fundraising for different charities
- Working with schools in the local area to address parking and environmental issues
- Repairing the Willow Dome
- Introducing bird feeders into the School grounds