St. Luke’s CE Primary School Mission Statement:
“Believe and Achieve”
At St Luke’s we aim to:
- Promote Christian values. Our core Christian values at St. Luke’s are: friendship, love, trust, respect, patience, forgiveness and are built into the ethos and teaching;
- Place collective worship at the centre of its daily life;
- Provide a happy, caring and stimulating environment.
- Promote high standards of learning, achievement and behaviour.
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum to challenge and stimulate our pupils.
- Place great emphasis upon the quality of learning and achievements of the children.
- Through interaction with other children and adults, children will develop social responsibilities in keeping with the ethos of the school.
- Enable all learners to develop independence, knowledge and understanding to fulfil their potential
- Respect the rights and views of other people and to value and celebrate diversity.
- To ensure that in following the National Curriculum, children perform up to and beyond their expected levels of achievement.
- To provide active learning experiences, including a range of extra-curricular activities, which encourage the children to apply their knowledge and develop their skills and attitudes.
- To provide an environment where children will develop respect for others, good manners, self-discipline and independence.
- That the school offers a safe and secure environment for pupils and staff.
- To provide an environment where staff are valued and they are given opportunities to develop their professional skills.
- To promote equal opportunities for pupils and staff.
- To maintain good relationships and links with parents so that they are well informed and used effectively in the work of the school.
- To work co-operatively with other schools in the area and to maintain links with the local community and businesses.